About Me

My photo
Nottingham, Md, United States
Hi! I am a 39 year old stay at home mom (most of the time). I am a hairstylist that scaled back greatly when I had three babies within a year. The twins are now 5 and the youngest is 4 and I also have a 16 year old. All girls! I love working with vinyl, Jaded Blossom, Stampin' Up!, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, my Cameo and my Copics among other creative things! I enjoy cake decorating, stamping, scrapping, card making and most things crafty! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beer Bucket Cake




Today I am posting a cake I made partially with my Cricut. What basically started my journey into paper-crafts. Originally cake decorating was my hobby of choice and I decided to get a Cricut (before they came out with Cricut Cake) to cut things for the cake. I got the Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) program and figured out how to cut a Baltimore Ravens logo real fast for my cake :) Now since I have this fascinating machine I use it mostly for cutting paper now.
 I made this for a friend's 50th birthday. Layered hexagon shaped cakes and covered in fondant which I imprinted with wood-grain and painted color-wash over it. The beer bottles and ice are made of sugar. I made a beer bottle mold from mold maker I got at AC Moore then poured hot sugar/color in. The bottles even have the less filling taste great imprinted on them. I steamed the labels off real bottle though and the caps are fondant.

 I separated the layers in SCAL and cut the logo out of fondant, re layered it and painted with metallic food safe paint.
The ice was melted sugar I molded in a silicone brownie bite pan. If I would have used Isomalt the sugar would have been perfect (not had a yellow tinge) but the recipient was impressed none the less!

The lettering around the cake was cut with my Tappits. The whole cake was steamed with a steamer for that shiny look.

2 comments:

  1. Hi and hello my friend! I am so not a Raven's Fan, but I love your cake! What a beautiful job! I'm here checking out your blog! Love, love, love it!

    Raina

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is freaking fantastic!!!!!! WE ARE Raven's fans AND Miller Light fans, LOL - had to show this cake to my hubby as I was reading - he isn't imprssed by much and even HE was stunned! AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete